If you're a new digital entrepreneur, whether you want to start an online project as an e-commerce platform or other project, or try to turn an already existing project into a fully digital project, there's a powerful weapon that will help you with your digital journey that you should be well aware of, sponsored ads, because it will save you a lot of effort and time to grow your business quickly.
You can consider this article as a reference for you if you're a beginner, because we'll touch on as much information as possible on this topic, from explaining what funded ads are to how you track the data of customers interested in you if you don't have a website.
What are the ads funded?
While browsing Facebook, I think it once caught your eye with the word "financier" written on top of one of the publications on display, didn't it?! Or while searching for something throughGoogle,I certainly once met the word "Ad" next to a site on the home page, specifically the first or second site that appears to you!! In short, this is a funded ad.
Funded ads are made by companies or people on social media platforms or on popular search engines such as Google and bing… And other sites, in order to reach as many people as possible targeted by these companies, whether in order to sell a particular product, raise brand awareness of these companies or increase the conversion of their website… and other different marketing objectives. Read also: Your guide to finding out how to market online to different industriesis more aware and intelligent today's customers than ever before.
So a lot of people hate explicit ads and don't give them the slightest attention because they know they're definitely behind something; either they sell a commodity to the viewer, in which case it's humiliating, or they consider the viewer themselves a commodity and sell their time and attention to someone or a company.
But what's great about ads on social media platforms is that they're integrated with or looking for content that attracts your attention, it's no longer a problem for a lot of people, on the contrary it's often very useful, so do your ads with a heart-warming heart that interested people won't ignore anyway.
Why should funded ads be used?
There are many reasons why you will pay for funded ads, the most important of which are:
1- Reaching the largest number of followers:Many social media platforms have updated, most notably the delivery of organic content (unpaid) to only 5% for followers and the number decreases after each modification, imagine after all this effort to make useful and attractive content for followers, does not reach them!So you have no other solution to the arrival of such an effort than funded ads!
2- Reaching the target group:Sometimes the content you write attracts a lot of people, a lot and a lot of views, but there is no reaction to these views; So if you really want to reach the people you're targeting accurately, you only have funded ads because they'll help you a lot.
3- Raising awareness of your brand:If you're new to the market and want to tell people that you're here and that you're meeting their need for something, you're more likely to do funded ads because they help you create a strong digital presence at the beginning of your business.
4- Increase your conversion rate to your website: By promoting a simple Facebook post with your website address, you can increase your website traffic rate, and if these people are interested in what you offer, they can become your customers, isn't that great?!
5- Collect detailed data on the category you are targeting: When you make a funded ad on Facebook, for example, Facebook analyzes the results of this ad and helps you understand it in a simplified way, especially if you are making an ad for the first time and use the suggestions shown to you by the ad manager on the platform, whether targeting or region. Or otherwise, when you see Facebook's analysis of your ad results, you'll see that it detailed every small and large audience that interacted with your ad and who got it, and then you can learn all about your target audience what they prefer and what attracts them as well, are they visual people attracted by more photos and videos, or are they interacting more with long written posts.
6- Improving the visibility of your site through search engines: When you make a funded ad on any social media platform that uses certain keywords within the ad, then Google and other different search engines make these keywords among the first search results.
7- Easy to divide the target audience: If you are a company that sells more than your product, you can easily divide your audience into the ad manager based on the target audience of each product and every time you make an ad for a product enough to choose the audience you previously targeted for that item, it's also great that you can make a name for that audience.
8- Easy access to a global audience: The great in funded ads is that you can easily reach any audience you want and in any country that is enough to choose the country and language, and this will make it easier for you to test a lot of markets before entering them.
9- Keep your audience engaged and reach new people: With 2 billion monthly active users on Facebook, imagine how much content is posted on the platform that people experience every day!! This means that the content you provide to your followers is difficult because of facebook algorithms, to keep your audience engaged, reach new people and share thelatest products or services you offer, the fastest way is to make a funded ad on Facebook.
10. For very little you can reach your target audience: so far, making an ad in the minds of many is associated with a lot of money, but quite the contrary, you can reach a very small amount of up to £100 to your target audience, and the great thing is that if people share these publications, you will reach thousands of viewers who can become loyal followers of you, just for £100, don't rule out anything I mentioned to you, because this is about a personal experience and I assure you.
Types of digital ads funded:
The types of ads funded vary depending on the platform on which the ad will be made and each type has a specific target; each platform also has certain conditions to follow to create a successful ad. There are, for example:
1. Ads on different web pages:
There are many funded ads that are made on web pages for various purposes, including:
The goal is to turn you into the advertised site when you click on it, the most popular type on web pages.
It's also called skyscraper advertising and this type of ad is very effective because it takes up a large side space of the page – often equal to (600*120) pixels – so the chances of watching and clicking on it are very high.
Jumping and sneaky ad:
This ad is characterized by moving within the site and disappears only if you take action;
It is the most annoying type of ad for the user, because it prevents the visitor from seeing the content of the site and does not disappear until 30 seconds after its appearance or if it is pressed to delete it
These ads appear on the search engine results page. This type of ad is very important because it helps you increase the percentage of conversions to your site.
There are some terms you should know about advertising on websites before talking about other types of ads, the most important of which are:
- Advertiser: Whichever party wants to promote a commodity or service.
- Publisher: Is the owner of the site that contains the advertising space and the ad is published on it.
- Advertising Broker: Is responsible for purchasing advertising space from the publisher at a cheap price, and then selling it to the advertiser or advertising companies at a high price.
- Mediation network: The one that connects advertising brokers with each other.
2. Search engine ads:
Google search engine ads:
These are ads that appear next to search engine results page results when users search for a keyword on Google. This type of ad is PPC or so-called pay-per-click ads, where advertisers pay for every click of the ad, and this type of ad is managed through google AdWords, allowing advertisers to bid on keywords, draft ad text, set budgets, and so on, and to create a Google AdWords account.
The most important types of search ads:
- Call only ads: A type of ad that only appears for mobile devices and is intended to communicate and make calls.
- Mobile APP Promotion Ads: This type of ad is intended for companies with a mobile app, with the aim of pushing the user to download the company's app.
- Dynamic search ads: This type of funded ad takes its content directly and dynamically from the site, so this type of ad fits sites with strong and well managed content.
Bing search engine ads
Bing ads are similar to Google ads in that they work on a pay-per-click basis. Advertisers can manage their ads through Bing Ads, formerly known as Microsoft adCentre. You can start creating Bing ads as soon as you have an active account on Bing Ads.
3. Social media ads:
Ads created on different social media sites, especially those created on Facebook, are called easy to block, easy because anyone can make them, whether specialized or not, enough to know the minimum knowledge to deal with the platform, and refrain because, although easy, not everyone can succeed.
Some of the most popular platforms advertised include:
With 2 billion monthly active users on Facebook, Facebook is the perfect channel to market your products to, and imagine how much sales you could make if your ads worked on it.
There are 11 types of ads on Facebook, each with a specific goal, you should know and understand well before you start creating a funded ad on Facebook:
1. Video ads
It's a type where videos are promoted in the form of ads, where you can highlight the features of your products and attract people with sound and movement.
There are special specifications for successful video ads that you should be aware of, as facebook management has described them as follows:
- File type: MP4, MOV or GIF.
- Width-to-height ratio: 4:5.
- Video settings: H.264 compressed video, square pixel units, fixed frame rate, gradual scanning, and AAC stereo compressed audio file at 128 kbps or more.
- Resolution: 1080 × at least 1080 pixels.
- Video illustrations: Optional but recommended.
- Video sound: Optional but recommended.
- Recommendations on texts:
- Basic text: 125 characters.
- Title: 40 characters.
- Description: 30 characters.
- If you want to write texts attached to the video you want to promote, there are specifications for them:
Video duration: 1 second to 241 minutes.
Maximum file size: 4GB.
Minimum width: 120 pixels.
Minimum height: 120 pixels.
Video technical requirements:Another type of video you can promote is 360-degree videos, where people in this type of ad can wrap their devices or pull their fingers to navigate the video and explore every angle.
Another type of video you can promote is 360-degree videos, where people in this type of ad can wrap their devices or pull their fingers to navigate the video and explore every angle.
2. Photo ads:
This type is most used on Facebook because of its ease and simple setup, an option that every new start-up entrepreneur uses to market his product, and is also a great opportunity to get to know the ad manager program and start understanding its basics.
As soon as video ads are, you must comply with the image ad standards and standards set by Facebook management, and you can identify these criteria from here.
My advice to you is that if you are selling physical products or consumer materials use this type of ad, and also don't forget the content you attach to the image with the ad must be strong and attractive and prompt the viewer to take action towards your ad.
3. Rotary ad (carousel ads)
If you want to promote more than one product in one ad or want to highlight the different features of a single product. This is the perfect choice for you, as this type of ad allows you to promote up to 10 photos or videos in a single ad, with the possibility of selecting a separate link for each image or video.
This type of advertisement also has special specifications that you can see from here.
4. Line-up or group ads
You can use the lineup format to help people explore, browse and buy products and services from their mobile devices, in a great way that features interesting visual elements. The lineup ad includes a cover image or video, followed by four images of the product. When someone clicks on a lineup ad, they'll see an instant experience — a full-screen landing page that enhances interaction, increases interest and purchasing intent.
You can learn the specifications for creating the ad from here.
5. Response ads for an event or event
If you want to promote an event or an event, whether it's an online conference or a cultural seminar somewhere, this type of ad is most useful to you.
6. Ad registration ads with a page.
If you've created a page for your product for the first time on Facebook, you've certainly been met by Facebook's proposal to create a page promotion ad, and the purpose of this type of ad is to increase your page's likes and followers as well as increase the page's access to Facebook. If you want this type of ad to be effective, you should filter and choose the audience carefully.
7. Declaration of interaction with the publication
The goal of this type of ad is to keep interacting on your page and to increase the familiarism of followers and audiences to your brand. But if you want to make direct sales, I wouldn't recommend this type of ad.
8. Offers ads
The aim of this type of advertising is to increase the sales ratio.
9. Multimedia presentation ads
This type of ad is only aimed at mobile phones and you can tell a story using sound, images and text.
10. App ads
If you have an online app, you can now promote you through the Facebook platform, and you can use this type of ad below _ as stated in the Facebook Guide _: Find new users.
You can choose the goal of app installations to promote your app to people who are highly likely to download the app from their favorite App Store.
Enable users to preview your app. You can use interactive preview ads to view a brief interactive preview of your app so that people can try the app before downloadingit.
Encourage existing users to interact again. You can promote your app to encourage people to take specific action, such as making a purchase or completing a level in a game.
11. Ads collecting potential customer data.
Ads that collect potential customer data allow you to find and collect information from people who may be interested in your products or services. You can learn more about this type of ad from here.
Research suggests that 84% of people on Instagram are more likely to shop than businesses, and if you have a business related to clothing, fashion and cosmetics, i strongly recommend starting with the Instagram platform, but before you start, you need to learn about the types of ads on Instagram to see how you will use your marketing goals.
1. Instagram Story Ads
45% of people surveyed about using Instagram say they have become more interested in a brand/product after seeing it in stories.
With over 500 million accounts using stories every day on Instagram, Instagram story ads will help you encourage customers to take care and take action on your brand, as well as help you show the creative side of your brand.
2. Photo ads
Since Instagram is a visual platform that relies heavily on images and videos as essential content, the images you use in ads or your brand in general must enjoy beauty and purity in order to easily attract the attention of followers, and images can appear in horizontal or square view format.
You can make ads on Instagram using up to 120-second videos in horizontal or square format.
3. Video ads
You can make ads on Instagram using up to 120-second videos in horizontal or square format.
4. Rotary ads
This type of ad is very similar and may be similar to those on Facebook where it allows people to scroll to view additional photos or videos within a single ad.
5. Lineup ads
This type of ad helps your audience discover, browse, and buy products. This type is slightly different from that on Facebook, where on Instagram you can tell stories through lineup ads using videos, photos, or both.
6.Ads in the "Explore" tab
The Explore tab is where people go to explore content by chance, watch, connect with creators and business activities, and each person's exploration page takes a unique look, including personalized content that has been displayed based on each person's interests.
Now employers can reach people from this exploratory mindset using ads on the "Explore" tab.
There are plenty of other social platforms on which you can promote your products, for example:
- If you promote clothing and makeup products or products specifically for girls and women, I advise you to use both Instagram and Pinterest.
- If you're targeting readers, bloggers and bloggers who like blogs in general, you won't find better than tumblr.
- If your B2B products are corporate-targeted or the purpose of advertising is to partner with large organizations in this case Linkedin ads are the perfect choice for you.
- If you have a very small marketing budget and want to make the most of it, Google Pay-Per-Click ads are your best option because you'll only pay for the results.
E-mail ads are ads sent to users through their email box, and this type of ad can be used to inform subscribers of some new promotions, discounts or features… and other marketing objectives.
Most email ads are largely characterized by simple text. Because users won't waste as much time reading email ads, it's important to make your message as clear and concise as possible. E-mail ads also rely on a "thread" line to make sure the user will open the email.
How to make a successful funded ad?
In order to make a successful announcement, there are foundations to follow, the most important of which are:
- Study the market you work in well, and your competitors.
- Choose your marketing goals carefully and choose from them appropriate to your marketing plan, for example, what do you want from this ad: increase sales, raise brand awareness, urge users to participate in a survey, or increase transfers to your website? The great platform like Facebook is that it gives you a number of different options for potential marketing goals, so if you want to build awareness of your company and its activity, and increase the number of followers, you'll suggest that you start with ads that refer to your Facebook page and so on with each different advertising goal.
- Select targeting accurately, when you target people targeted by advertising, do so accurately by locating their geographic location, interests and behaviors… Other characteristics of the target audience, the more accurate the targeting and the specific target group, the greater the chance that your ad will succeed.
- Learn to be creative in targeting, for example, you can target people with their birthdays, as Anthony Nietz, owner of PageonFacebook.com, a Facebook marketing company, where you can send an ad to appear the week before your fans' birthday. Or you can target people's geographic locations by addressing their area of IP, making sure the ad will reach the people who are already targeted, since a large number of people don't write their city accurately on Facebook.
- Your ad should take into account the criteria for the platform on it, whether it's Facebook, Instagram, or Google.
- Test your ad; do more than one ad and monitor the audience's reaction with each ad format, for example, make an ad that contains a picture and text, and again the same image with text change and so on, to learn in what format you should address your audience and which ads give better results.
- The most important advice should be to advertise from your product or brand page, and do not allow anyone else to make an ad for your product through pages other than your own.
- Make ads that at least last from one week to 10 days and don't rush results, especially if you make ads on Facebook, because the first 24 hours of advertising are about getting to know Facebook's algorithms on your ad and working to identify the right people for it.
- Analyze the results well, and you need to learn some concepts for ad analysis to know if your ad has worked, the most important of which are ROI, cost-per-click, average sales, and realized income, and there are some platforms that show you how many messages, how many calls and how much each calls.
- It's best to make an ad from the ad manager for each platform, especially Facebook.
How to create a text ad on Google?
- Sign in to your Google Adsaccount.
- In the page list on the right side, click ads and extensions.
- Click the Add+ button and select the Text Ad option.
- Enter the final URL link, title text, description text, and text in optional Path fields. While you're writing, a version of your ad for mobile and desktop devices will appear immediately in The Ad Preview.
- When you reach the shape you want for your new script ad, click Save the Ad.
How does a funded ad work on Facebook?
- Create an account for you on facebook's ad manager.
- From your ad manager page, choose to create an ad.
- Then choose the goal of the ad and you'll find 11 different goals you can choose from, and you can put a distinctive ad name so you can easily refer to it.
- Choose the page you want the ad to be if you run more than one page for more than one business.
- Select the target audience of the ad, and you have to be very careful in that step because it is considered one of the most important steps, and Facebook helps you to accurately identify the target audience by identifying a range of characteristics for the audience such as: age, sex, geographical area, interests, behaviors… and other characteristics.
- Now select the budget you want for marketing, but don't underestimate the budget facebook suggests to you because it puts it based on tests for situations similar to your ad, and there are two ways to spend the budget on the ad;
- You can enter the payment method by which you will pay for the ad now, or place it after you have finished setting up your ad.
- Now you have to choose the type of ad, is it a picture, video, or other types we mentioned earlier, and then upload the right photos and media for your ad. These media must be of high quality and their standards are appropriate for Facebook's metrics.
- Then type the text you want on your ad, or links. Facebook advises that the text attached with your short ad be clear and attractive.
- After you're reviewing everything about your ad, it's time to press "Confirm."
- After Facebook management reviews and approves your ad, it is posted, at which point you can monitor the results.
Track ad campaigns.
If you've made advertising campaigns on Google, social media platforms or email, one of the most important things you should do next is follow these campaigns, to see if you've succeeded in achieving their goals, as well as to learn about user behavior during that campaign. Tracking conversions is one of the most important things you should follow. If you're wondering how to evaluate performance by analyzing Google ads data, conversion tracking is a good starting point.
1. What are transfers?
The official definition of conversion is a procedure that is calculated when someone interacts with your ad (for example, clicks on a text ad or watches a video ad) and then takes action that you have identified as valuable to your business.
For example, the activity includes website purchases, phone calls, app downloads, or newsletter subscriptions. The setup process varies depending on the type of conversion you're tracking, so the first step in setting up conversion tracking is to choose the source of the conversion, or the source of your conversions.
2. Why do you have to follow her?
There are countless reasons why you follow your conversions, but I'll focus on three main reasons.
First,you can measure your ad success. You can find out about your ROI and make informed decisions about spending your ad – making sure you don't waste a penny.
Note:RoIis how much profit you've made from your ads compared to the amount you spent on those ads.
To calculate the ROI, take the return from your ads, subtract the total costs, and then swear on the total costs: ROI = (revenue – cost of goods sold) / cost of goods sold.
Secondly,you can improve your Google ad campaigns. This means that whether you measure clicks on a website, downloads on an app or calls to the Store, you can learn which keywords, ads, ad groups, and campaigns are best at increasing valuable customer activity. You can then enhance them to make them more successful, while improving any keywords, ads or campaigns that don't work well.
Third,you can track your conversions for more conversions. Conversion tracking lets you use smart bids strategies (such as CPA target cost, CPC enhanced CPC cost and ROAS target ad return) that automatically improve your campaigns according to your business objectives. Improved ads = more customer activity = moreconversions.
3. What can be tracked with conversion tracking?
Different ad types will affect conversions that you want your potential customers to complete. For example, website conversions differ from phone call conversions. Here's how to disagree:
- Websites:This is for anyone who wants to track when the customer completes a procedure on their website. This may be, for example, making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, clicking a button, or any other valuable action a customer can take on your website. Find out exactly how to set up conversion tracking for your website.
- Application:This procedure is for companies that want to track when the customer installs its application or complete an in-app procedure, such as purchasing. Find out more about setting up mobile app conversion tracking.
- Phones:If you want to track calls from ads, calls to a phone number on your website or phone number clicks on a mobile website, phone transfers are what you need. Find out more about tracking phone conversions.
- Offline conversion tracking:This is useful for anyone whose ad does not directly lead to an online sale, but instead the customer begins a path that eventually leads to sale in the offline world, such as your office or over the phone. By importing offline conversions, you can measure what happens in the offline world after your ad results in a click or connection to your business. Find out everything you need to know about conversion tracking in offline mode.
If you want to track multiple conversions from this list, just set up a different conversion procedure for each conversion type you want to follow. For example, you can set up one conversion procedure to track purchases on your website and another to track calls from your ads.
Tips when dealing with e-marketing companies:
If you decide to work with an online marketing company to handle the electronic marketing of your company or even some parts of it, consider the following:
- Before you deal with a particular company, compare different corporate offers, and beware that fictitious offers fool you.
- Look at the precedent of that company's business and the actual customers you've already worked with, and it's not wrong to ask customers what they think of that company.
- I know where that company has worked or whether it only works in a specific area.
- Don't choose the lowest-priced packages when dealing with companies, because any company has a limited number of actual experts in the fields it offers as well as a large number of beginners in the field of e-marketing, and it is natural that experts work on high-cost projects, so do not choose the cheapest until it guarantees high quality results.
- Know what you need before dealing with any company, so you know and determine for yourself the service you want to get. Do you want someone to write you content for your brand, or do you want to build a website, or improve search engines..?!
- If you want, for example, a search engine improvement service, and you search for the company you want to work with and you don't find it in the early results of the search page, it doesn't mean that that company is not trusted, the subject has many dimensions it is possible that the largest percentage of their customers do not come to them through the website, or that the company's employees are busy improving the results of their customers and do not have enough time to improve the results of the company's website… For other reasons, the only thing you should judge the company through is its customers and its predecessor.
- If you want to make ads through a company, take more than one offer from more than one company so you know the best way to deal (do you want to be charged by the hour or by % of the amount you pay for the ad)?!
- If you contract with a company to make a funded ad for you, you are not asked about your target category and characteristics, your marketing objectives, or your brand identity. Etc., I know that this company is deceptive and fictitious and will only harm you.
If you want to delve deeper into the subject of funded ads, it's enough to write in the Google search bar the words "funded ads" and you'll find what you want and more.
If you want to hire a company to do funded advertising tasks, you must read this article so you can choose the right marketing company to work with you.