Your guide to finding out how to market online to different industries
If you're starting your own business or shopping for a commodity, the best element you should invest in at the beginning of your business is e-marketing because of its many benefits and saving time, effort and money.
This article is especially aimed at beginners who start their own business and do not know how to market their product online, who have little experience in this field (e-marketing) and move from industry to industry;
What is online marketing?
Online marketing or so-called electronic marketing or digital marketing is marketing a particular service or commodity using different internet channels; it is used to reach customers in an easier and faster way and thus increase sales by raising brand awareness, and one of its advantages is that it does not consume as much money as regular marketing; This is a very useful advantage for startups that usually start with little capital.
For online marketing to succeed for your product or service, there must be some basics in your product, such as:
- The service or product should be ordered in the market, i.e. people need it (to solve a problem)
- You have to take care of the quality of the product, the good product is marketed to itself!
In order to enter the world of e-marketing, you must own one of these channels for your product or service, and i would like you to own them all:
- A page for your product or service on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter… and other sites)
- Group on social media platforms such as Telegram, Facebook and others
- An online store if you sell products
The best ways to market e-marketing:
E-marketing is many ways, but the most famous and best of these methods is what I will list on you in the next lines. What's special about these methods is that if you invest well in it in the long run, you'll save a lot of money and become a permanent source of new customers.
Here are these ways:
Improve search engines for your SEO site
If you want to look for something, what do you usually do? What people usually do is they go to Google search engine and write what they're looking for in the search box and then usually press one of the first 3 results that show them and almost 90% don't skip the first page of search engine results.
This is exactly what improving search engines does for your site to appear in free (unpaid) search results such as the first results of the Google page.
Many marketing professionals consider improving search engines not related to marketing, but if we look at it in another way, we'll see that it makes it easier to market, investing in SEO in the long run saves you a lot of advertising expenses as well as providing a free source of traffic generation and potential customers.
This is done by examining how search engines work and factors affecting the order of their results, such as keywords, improving site speed, creating back links, and treating errors and technical problems on site. This is often done by some specialized companies or experts. You can refer to them if you are a beginner to save time and effort.
Email Marketing is one of the strongest and best marketing channels today, providing direct access to the most interactive customers and to people who want to know more about your products. In addition, roi returns are up to 4,300% compared to the cost.
These are some of the reasons why it is stronger and better marketing channels that should be focused on no matter what kind of business you do:
- You can market your products or services at any time by reaching your customers directly through their letterbox.
- You won't have to pay every time you want to promote a new product, it's enough to go to your mailing list and send an email to the new product.
- It's the fastest way to turn your visitors into customers willing to pay for what you offer.
- It is not subject to any terms or conditions and no closure of other marketing channels to your accounts will affect you at any time because your customers are kept there.
- It enables you to personally communicate with customers by their names and this is a great feature, as it has the effect of magic in raising people's affiliation with your brand.
Some of the most important email marketing tools you can use include Mailchimp or GetResponse and other tools that help you:
- Create and develop mailing lists.
- Use attractive mail templates to get leads.
- Track and monitor the performance of your marketing campaigns… etc
Marketing through Google ads
You can market your products and services through Google Ads, when people look for your products and services, you can easily appear to them and this type of ad is called pay-per-click ads where the advertiser is accounted for every click of the ad, and there are three types of these ads:
- Paid ads in Google Search Campaigns, such as sites that top Google search results and write next to or below the word "ad" or "Ad" in which keywords your customers type while searching for your product are used.
- Visual ads on Google Display Network sites and forums that appear as banners on news sites, YouTube, or some apps and sites that rely primarily on ads as an income source.
- YouTube video ads, which appear before, in the middle and last videos we watch on YouTube.
You can do these ads through Google Ads.
Marketing through social media platforms
Marketing through social media platforms or so-called SMM, this type of marketing is meant to be marketed through pages on various social media platforms or groups (groups) such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn… and other platforms currently known.
You can market through them by creating pages or groups in your brand name, starting to post photos of this product or writing attractive content about this service, sharing these publications with people interested in your business, and you can invite friends to like your page.
- Before you post any content on social media platforms or do any marketing campaigns on it, keep in mind your brand's marketing objectives so you don't get lost.
The benefits of marketing on social media platforms:
- Increases brand awareness, a great way to introduce your brand in your first 3-6 months of life.
- Quickly respond and deal with customers by responding to their comments and messages.
- Helps you deliver your brand message easily.
- It will help you increase sales if you set up an online store for your product on these platforms.
- Speed and ease of access to your marketing goals.
- Increasing the confidence of followers in your services, it is common on these sites that the more followers of a product, the greater the confidence of people in this product. The relationship is always expelled.
Quick tips for successful social media marketing:
- Create attractive and useful content.
- Take care of the quality of the images used in your publications.
- Take care of your brand's color formats, for example if you're using YouTube to promote your brand, youTube's primary colors are known to be red, black and white, so try to have the images used and videos in different colors so they're prominent and clear to users.
- The consistency of your brand's images on all the platforms you use, people look at your brand like someone, has its own distinctive qualities and some even imagine a picture in their imagination; And so on.
- If you use a blog or have a website outside these platforms, I advise you to share these external links with your customers, as this is a great opportunity to gain the trust and reliability of these links.
- Try sharing behind the scenes with customers; people like to see what happens behind the scenes while making a product, whether it's clothing, perfume making or food products. This increases their attachment to the brand and increases their confidence in it.
Content Marketing Content Marketing
Content marketing is a wasted way in the Arab world, despite its great brand benefits.
The content here means all kinds of content you use to address your customers, whether it's written like articles, audio like podcasts, or visual like videos and photos.
The benefits of content marketing include:
- Increase conversions or customers: When you use the right and appropriate Call to Action, such as inviting them to visit your site, or working for their friends interested in the product.
- Helps you improve search engines: If you write valuable and useful content that answers different people's questions, this will improve the status and classification of your site in search page results.
- Good content makes your tag authority: Whenever a user searches for a question or article and finds you've previously covered it on your site, they'll have the idea that you're a reference in this specialty. I think that's invaluable.
- Content marketing helps you increase traffic to your site.
- Helps you educate potential customers about the products or services you offer.
Now that we know what content marketing is and what its benefits are, let's take a look at the types of content marketing.
Types of content marketing
Social media marketing
Great on social media platforms they almost allow you to share all kinds of content with your customers, whether written, visual or audible. Use it intelligently depending on a plan to make the most of this feature.
One of the great ways to educate your customers about your product is to raise their awareness of your brand. In addition, blogging gives you the opportunity to turn readers into loyal customers.
A hubspot study confirmed that 50% of consumers want to watch videos of the brands they use or interact with.
As I told you earlier, behind-the-scenes videos will have the magic of increasing customer affiliation with your products.
It will help you reach a broad segment of your target audience in different places not only that you select in your ad, but if a user shares that ad elsewhere than you selected it.
People interact more with the things they see, using graphs to market content will make it easier for people to understand and remember a lot of data about your brand.
Elements of creating a content marketing strategy
- Set smart and clear marketing goals.
- Choose your content channels.
- Select the appropriate type of content for each channel.
- Set the budget that will help you reach these goals.
- Create and distribute content on different platforms.
- Eventually measure and analyze the results.
Commission marketing is one of the most widespread methods of electronic marketing, and this type of performance-based marketing is a strategy in which individuals collaborate with a company with the aim of creating a commission by converting readers or visitors into a particular product or service and purchasing it for a certain previously agreed percentage.
This marketing is great for increasing the proportion of both transfers and sales.
The concept of messaging marketing is fairly new in the world of e-marketing and is not used by many companies, and this type of electronic marketing helps you communicate directly with the customer and thus better understand the personality of the customer and raise awareness of its requirements and pain points.
This type of marketing is done through various communication applications, the most famous of which are Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business.
Facebook Messenger is one of the largest of these platforms with a total of 1.3 billion users per month.
Online marketing methods for different industries
Knowing the basics of e-marketing and its most famous types, it's time to touch on the practical part, for which this article wrote "Ways to market different industries online."
In the next lines, I will list ways to market some different industries online, if you see that there are better ways or there are some ways that lack information such as: certain marketing channels. Or others, help us and share them with us in the comments to increase interest and help as many people as possible.
Online marketing methods for handicrafts
If you own a brand that sells handmade products, it's great to go online to increase your profits as well as rely solely on live shows, and here's how to market your products online:
Use e-commerce markets and sites
Many e-commerce platforms offer you the possibility to create stores to sell your products made with love and care, and easy to connect you to potential customers, and there are sites that specialize only in the sale of handmade products such as Etsy. or public sites like Souq.com.
- Create a page for your product on a social media platform, and I advise you to start with Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. 90% of brands currently use Instagram.
- Use the online store creation feature on Both Facebook and Instagram to increase your sales.
- You can also not just page Facebook and make a group for your customers, to promote your products through it.
- I strongly advise you to create a website and blog in which you share information about your product with customers, such as educating them about different types of fabrics and how to maintain them, or ways to preserve different ornaments… And so on.
- Create a mailing list, send a regular newsletter and use email marketing.
- Take care of the quality of the images you share on different marketing channels and let the images speak instead of talking.
- Use Facebook and Google ads to reach as many people as possible, and to increase the percentage of shifts to your site.
- Do companies with influencers to promote your products.
- Improve the description of your products for search engines.
- Make product offers.
- Publish your product story in a magazine or blog.
- If you own a store on the ground, you can add your store data to google's store guide in the region, you can search for it through Google and find out how to do it.
Online marketing methods for a photographer
If you are a photographer and want to earn money by photographing products or foods, I advise you to:
- Photograph some of the products you use or foods your mother prepares at home, and make portfolio for you.
- Post the photos you've shot on a group that cares about different brands on Facebook, and show that you'll help a certain number of branders shoot their products for free.
- Create an Instagram and Pinterest page and post photos of thebrand products you've shot for free as well as the photos you've used on the group, and point to these videos.
- Ask the grands you've filmed for free to point you (for your Instagram page) in all the photos you'll post.
- Make a professional portfolio for you on Behance,so that business owners can see your business.
- Take care of visual nutrition by following your professionals and knowing the different techniques they use, such as fly-eating technology in food photography.
- Be interested in strengthening your network of relationships in this field.
- You can make a personal site for you and share your photos on it (if possible).
Online marketing methods for a grocery store
If you own a grocery store, whether small or large, there's a great opportunity for you online, and here are some ideas for how to market it online:
- Partner with companies such as Orders and Orders.
- You can make an online store for you on sites like Souq.com and Gomia and download your products to it.
- Insert your store data on google's brand guide, to make it easier for customers to reach you.
- If you are a large supermarket, you can hire companies such as Minbetna in Egypt, "From Our Home" or "Grocery".
- If you are the owner of a vegetable or fruit shop, you can hire companies such as Al Khodri, which is also an Egyptian company.
Marketing methods for an online pharmacy
There has been a recent surge in the medical field, especially after the spread of Corona, and people's interest in medical information, the medical field seemed to be entering the Internet slowly, so if you are a pharmacy owner this is a good opportunity for you to expand your online business activity, here are some ideas for how to market them:
- Create a pharmacy Facebook page.
- Create a blog for your pharmacist and educate people about different diseases.
- Create a website, and make a list of medications available to you.
- Make a mailing list and send regular newsletters to your customers, telling them the latest offers.
- I advise you to provide a home delivery service.
- You can contract with electronic platforms specialized in the sale of medicines in Egypt.
- List your pharmacy on google's guide to different brands.
- Use Facebook and Google ads to market to your journal.
Marketing methods for online job seekers
Have you ever heard the saying "a good man is the one who can market himself well"? Well, this is 100% true, marketing is not only for products and services, but also for people, and there is a science called personal branding, a science that is interested in building individuals' personal brand by demonstrating their strengths and making them a source of authority in their industry, in order to eventually develop their careers and increase their knowledge.
If you're interested in finding good jobs for you online, here are some ideas to help you.
- Be smart and use the power of Sushil Media, if you're interested in a field, share what you know with people who are interested, whether on specialized groupings or through your profile, it's important to show people that you're an expert on what you're saying.
- Use your knowledge in some field to develop your network of relationships in this area and this will open up many doors and better opportunities in this area.
- Create a professional profile for you through specialized websites, those interested in design, graphics or photography can use Behance to display their work in a professional way, while those who work in the field of blogging or writing of all kinds can use com.
- You can search for available jobs through sites such as Wuzzuf, jobs, exploration and other job sites.
- You can also subscribe to facebook functions for free and choose the type of job you want to work on and even the type of time you want (partial- full- volunteer. Etc.) you will be notified as soon as you post posts such as the one you want on the site.
- If you want to work as an independent (Free Lancer), you can view your services on various Fresser sites, such as Independent, Fives, and Pfeiffer… And other specialized sites.
- There are also some pages and sites you can follow on Facebook that advertise jobs and opportunities.
- The most important point of all is to build a strong resume for you to help you get the jobs you want.
Ways to market online to factories
If you have a factory that produces large quantities of a commodity and wants to market part of it online but don't know how to do it, here are these ideas to help you market your commodity:
- Make a site for your product.
- Take good care of the description and images of products for search engines.
- Use different distribution channels such as: the work of different e-commerce platforms, and social media sites.
- Use aphite marketing to increase the rate of conversions.
- Use Google ads for people interested in your product.
- Create your own store.
- If you want more than just increased sales, you can start exporting outside your country, and create outlets for you through global e-commerce platforms such as Alibaba (Chinese site) and Amazon.
- Use flexible and clear sell and recovery policies.
- Use Sushil Media ads to reach customers interested in your product on these channels.
- If you have a store for this item in an area, you can add the data of this store in the Google Brand Guide (my business on Google)
Online marketing methods for real estate
Real estate marketing is no longer limited to classified newspaper advertisements or brokers only, but after the development of electronic marketing methods for different products, real estate is being marketed as one of the most important goods in the world.
Here are some effective ways to use them in marketing for this area:
- As a real estate company, you must create a website for your company to view your latest projects.
- Buy advertising space in different locations.
- Use Google ads aimed at potential customers.
- Use ads for all social media platforms without exception.
- If you're marketing large projects targeting business and investor quality groups, you can focus on sites like LinkedIn; make a page for your company on it and use its ads.
- Use search engine ads such as Google and Binge.
- Set up search engines to increase your location ranking on the front pages.
- Use commission marketing.
- Use content marketing through forums and articles.
- Market through classified advertising sites.
- Use emails.
- Use important search words when writing your unit ad so it's easy for the customer to find you easily.
- Use pay-per-click ads.
- Offer virtual video-level tours to your apartment unit, to increase customer confidence in you.
Marketing methods for online import and export companies
If you own a company that works in import and export, the Internet is a treasure for you and your presence is very important to you, for the ease of shopping with your activities in different countries. Here are a few ideas to help you grow your business online:
- Use global trade sites such as Amazon, Alibaba, and other different sites.
- Create your own business site.
- Take care of your buy, sell and retrieve policies on your site, and use clear and flexible policies.
- Be interested in identifying international regulations, fees and taxes, whether customs or otherwise.
- Sell and market for commissions.
- Make ads for those interested in your products.
- Use pay-per-click ads.
- Use online buying and selling sites, wholesalers and business sites.
- Use the pages and experiences of social media platforms to market different products.
Through this article, I have tried hard to make it easier to market to beginners in this field, and if you want to know more and more about each industry you mentioned in this article, it is enough to write the name of the industry or the question you need to answer about it in the Google search box, and you will see everything you want and more or contact us for free consultation.
If you know other marketing methods that can help people interested in this field, please share them with us in the comments.